Sunday, December 28, 2008

Menus

My friend Rainer wanted me to do sketches of my Femlin-inspired nudie girls on our Christmas menus, since he's acquired a liking for them. I've been drawing these characters for years, especially in the past 12 years or so as the result of being trapped in a Citibank ATM vestibule one rainy day. The story was that since I had nothing to do while I waited for the rain to abate, I started taking out all these deposit slips (the ones with triple page copies) and drawing these bikini-clad women in the second layer, leaving the top one intact. The idea was that when people filled in their deposits and took out the second copy for themselves, they'd get a little surprise treat. I'd been doing it for years but have since stopped now that deposit slips are no longer in triplicate, or for that matter, necessary at all in ATM machines. Anyhow, I wasn't able to do it on Christmas eve, but did get to them a day after Christmas. These are the pencil sketches.

1 comment:

moho said...

They're so jolly and embody such happiness, it's great!