Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Winding Down

Hosted a birthday party for my friend Peter tonight, and I haven't had that many people in my apartment since I first moved in here. It was fun, but prepping the place with all my stuff, I spent four days just cleaning and getting things in order. Tonight, I had to contend with the aftermath, and after getting a good chunk of the dishwashing done, I couldn't do any more cleaning and just had to throw on some quiet music and let the pen just flow whichever way it wanted. It's very linear - no thought, just a lot of instinct. So tired that whatever happened, happened. It's not so much a drawing as a release... I just happen to always draw human figures of some sort as a default.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i noticed i also draw wavy lines in a flowing sort of motion when i feel like not thinking just drawing.

do you have a dishwasher? i just imagined all the plates you cleaned. we dont have dishwashers here, as you know...

George G said...

Nope, no dishwasher. My apartment is in a very old building, from 1929, and my kitchen is tiny... especially when washing stemware for a dozen people...!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I've already told you that I want to throw more dinner parties. I just threw a holiday party last night and it was stresssfulll. Probably cause some people that rsvped didn't show up (aka I bought/had too much food). I gotta rethink my dinner party strategies.