Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Aura

I finally googled what I was seeing late at night, and found that yes, I'm actually seeing my aura. It's that weird hazy, heat-like effect that emanates from pretty much everything around me (including myself) when the light is dim enough for me to defocus my sight. Supposedly you should be seeing it best off of living creatures, but I see them all over my room at night. The pages I've found all describe the same experience, from how I see things to what I see, so it's pretty spot on and somewhat comforting to know that what I've been experienceing for years wasn't part of my overactive imagination.

Does anyone else have this experience? Does this sketch look familiar?

2 comments:

Psychomom said...

How cool that you see this and found a way to show us. I don't see an aura but then I haven't really looked.

As always, I love your drawing and your spirit!

George G said...

Thanks Psy! Yeah, it always weirded me out, but I just thought I had vision problems. It's comforting to read that other people have had them, but there are never any visuals. This is a pretty accurate drawing of the phenomena (at least, to my eyes, haha) so I'm hoping that other people might see this and say, yeah, I get that too!