Friday, December 21, 2012

Last Night's Hazy Recollection

I was invited to join some friends for a Christmas party at a popular artist's loft in the garment district. I already knew I could get in to the party without necessarily showing up with my friends who were the actual invitees, but I decided to wait for them up front and not seem like a gatecrasher. This is my image of waiting for them in the gritty area near the loft space's building entrance. I had a great time, and ended up staying much later than I thought I would (past 12 midnight), not to mention ending up a lot drunker. By the time I got home I hadn't started nor was I able to post a drawing, so here it is, the day after. Fortunately the Mayan apocalypse seems to have been canceled, so I can post!

And that would be me in the leopard print camo trousers.

3 comments:

Joanie said...

Looks very chilly!

I love this drawing, George. I can almost feel the "wait"

George G said...

Thanks Joanie. I don't love the technique as I wish it were more finished, but I do realize some people (like you, perhaps) actually prefer more immediacy..

Joanie said...

It *is* very much of the moment, so yes, that's what it is. I think I'm fascinated by the process.

BTW, guess who's drawing and painting almost all her Christmas gifts this year? I have you to thank for giving me the courage to return to other forms of art beyond photography!