Thursday, May 9, 2013

Metal Seaweed




One stye I've gotten from comics that I love to explore from time to time, is drawing locks of hair like they were small sheets of gnarled steel. I think Rick Leonardi is the person I can identify as the first I'd seen who did it, but it's a fun way to stylize. It's kinda like how hair looks like it s a solid mas when someone is underwater, almost like fine seaweed (although this rendering is more like long, large tendrils of seaweed)... Anyhow, I've been sketching on a cardboard sheet while waiting for my enormous Photoshop file to attempt to save, as I'm designing a huge banner and the file, last I saw, reached a limit of 6 gigs (and it refused to save). Drawing to be uploaded as soon as I can clear space from this damn memory hogging Photoshop process...


No comments: