Sunday, May 12, 2013

Strap Hangers 2

Now I'm just sussing out the entire outfit. I actually was inspired by a Ladytron music video that featured a room full of teenage girls (around 17) dancing in school uniforms, and I liked the silhouette of their skirts. But I was trying to think of a way to make the skirt part of a sexy ensemble. To me that meant keeping the upper torso bare, but I didn't want some conventional decolletage or expected top. So I went about with my 'boobcage' selectively showing parts of the breast in less conventional ways i.e. underboob, although it's been something I've always gravitated to. Chris Claremont once told me the costume I designed for the Black Queen was too provocative for comics but it showed up anyway less than a year later (I'm looking at YOU, Goblin Queen). Now underboob is actually a word (well, sort of). Dunno if I succeeded, but it's edgy methinks (I'm reminded of men in kilts)

No comments: