Thursday, May 30, 2013

Storm's New Costume

I picked up X-men #1 this week, and the art by Coipel, one of y favorites working today, reminded me so much of Marc Silvestri back when he was on the X-men... but neater and more precise. But his faces were similar to Marc's, even down to the expressions. But Coipel's storytelling is some of the best I've seen, and he draws costumes really well too. The latest Storm costume is a bit of a throwback, harking back both to Marc Silvestri's Outback days, but updated with her original cape (this time as a skirt, whose workings I still haven't quite figured out). Anyhow, I haven't been inspired to draw Storm's latest incarnations... until now. Quick-ish sketch - not as precise as I used to,like to draw my superheroes, but I rather like the rawness... I wonder if this is how my fave artists used to experiment with looser styles, much to my horror?

No comments: