Saturday, May 25, 2013

Red Hot 5

I really should pay attention to my other projects, but when you're inspired, you'd best heed the muse. I kept going back to this drawing, because I think I have a groove on already and its just a matter of adding stuff, because I've gotten to the point that I'm happy with it, until I change something I didn't know was wrong, and I'm happier about it!  Does that even make sense?

I got some details better this time around. I managed to resolve the issue I was having with his eyes, and that was by erasing his light eyelashes into the linework (not that you can see, but it made a huge difference for me). And I reworked his nose and lips too...

I love this sepia tone line. It was an accident, as most new directions seem to be with me. It makes my work more classical than I imagine I am. Frankly, I see comics and 50s style illustrations in this, but that's just the mode I'm in with it...

No comments: