Friday, February 16, 2007

Caramba!


I've been designing a high-end watch website all day and felt the need for something completely crude. This thing came to mind.

Back in 3rd year high school I had created graphic-designed, color-coded notebooks for each and every one of my subjects for the school year (so gay, right?), with round-edged fields of cut-out colored felt on the white, high gloss paper covers (matte against gloss!), and I decorated each with a color-coded sketch of a made-up critter, each with its own original description and origin. These critters were part of my menagerie for what was supposed to be my comic strip, Critter City. Anyhow, for Chemistry I had chosen the color purple, and came up with these Carambas, mutated bedbugs that had been discovered by a cleaning lady in an old mattress, named for what she exclaimed upon discovering a whole nest of them. I think they were so dopey looking because they had acquired a taste for tequila and were constantly drunk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute doodling might I say. I just came across your blog (gotta surf at 12 am) and I like it a lot. And that comes to me as a surprise because I don't comment on perfect strangers blogs. But you seem one of those really "COOL NEW YORKERS". I'm definitely not a cool new yorker, I'm a Long Island girl...so that pretty much sums it up. ANYWHO wanted to say your art is friggen cute and all that jazz. And I will be adding your link to my blog as "the cool newyorker".

kbye
Fembot