Saturday, February 3, 2007

Reworked

I was chatting with an online acquaintance about putting in backgrounds and I told him that I was so influenced by Robert Longo that I preferred plain white backgrounds. But just to try it, I decided to pop another blue into the background of an existing drawing, just for shits and giggles.

I can't believe I've been drawing so much in the year so far. It feels good to be doing so. I aim to keep it up.

edit: I told someone about how his boyfriend's drawings affected how I made the hair on this one, but his first impression was that she looked like a tranny. Well, harrumph I say. So I softened up her jawline a bit, which I knew ahead of time looked a little square. I guess that's another thing I tend to do - very square jaws. I used to be obsessed with them in the 80s...

No comments: