Saturday, February 10, 2007

Fashion Weak


I used to draw fashion illustrations so effortlessly, but I'm outta practice. I need to try and find those strokes again... the quick, sweeping slashes of ink or watercolor that define a pose and a feeling in one strong line. I pulled out a brush tip sharpie and tried to do a variation on a Prouenza Schouler FW07 outfit which I particularly liked from the recently concluded NY Fashion Week (loved the low-rise, big, flowy, pleated pants with the sheer, detailed top, but I added the shrug and gloves myself based on what seems to be an edge trend this season). But this isn't what I would call best effort. Well, at least there's an effort.

And yes, I'm kinda obsessed with bangs. They're easy to do when you wanna just bang out a drawing... erm, no pun intended. So this is officially today's drawing. There, I'm all caught up.

No comments: