Thursday, May 3, 2007

Queer Man's Workshop

I more than made up for last night by attending the Queer Man's Workshop tonight. I knew I would do more than one sketch from there even if I arrived late (as usual for me). Fellow artist PJ was there, someone whom I apparently inspired to start his own drawing blog. Well tonight he returned the favor by inspiring me to not only go back to color but to also do watercolors for the first time in years! I'd seen quite a few of PJ's sketches over at his blog and thought about bringing my cheapo set of Prang from my FIT days 20 years ago (!) just in case I wanted to do some Antonio-esque stuff. I'm quite out of practice and the paper I brought didn't lend itself to the wet techniques I wanted to do, but I think it's not too bad a start, considering I think it's been over 10 years!


PJ was churning out the watercolors and he did a piece that I liked the most because he achieved a wet-on-wet technique. He'll probably post it on his blog. On a side note, PJ's quite the handsome one himself, so there's always the possibility he might show up as the subject of one of my drawings here too. Whaddaya say, PJ? :)

No comments: