Friday, August 13, 2010

Lo Sans T


There comes a point in drawing where it starts to gel, where you see which lines initially placed need reworking, and when they ARE reworked, what other things need to follow suit. But there's a direction that is finally right, and that you can proceed with the confidence that the drawing will indeed work out.

When I first lay down lines, I will either feel confident that I'm on the right path, or somewhat discouraged that it needs major reworking but I don't know how yet, so I leave it as is and hope that when I return to it I'll figure it out (hence the sometimes returning to it much, much later; years even, sometimes). It gets fun when you start to know what needs to be done, and you're confident about making the right changes. This drawing is starting to work for me. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Joanie said...

Dreamy! Not just the look on Lo's face, but also the coloring and the creaminess of skin (does that make sense?).