Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wolverine Poses For An Art Class

I imagine Logan went through hard times as a young man and posed for art students to earn extra money, and this is one of those long lost canvases, haha!


I don't quite know why I decided to draw Wolverine stark naked, but I kinda enjoyed doing it. I based it on a nude photo I found on the Yerrow Asian Tumblr site, but I can't remember the exact model so I can't link to the reference. Still, aside from the pose and anatomy, I changed his proportions a lot, as the original gay was leaner and lankier, while I made Wolvie's body stockier and shorter per the character. Plus I just went reeeeally rough with the pastel technique in Painter, which was really enjoyable because all I had to do was delineate braod strokes and not be careful about anything. I think it turned out okay. I added his old yellow costume on his right arm just to add a bit more context. Should I have Scott naked on a bed behind him, kind of worn-out looking? ;)

4 comments:

psyunicorn said...

beautiful painting of Wolvie, but I have to comment on something: Wolverine has a healing factor, right? like when his flesh is burned off it grows back. So he is unlikely to have a bare head on his penis, more than likely shouldn't he have a foreskin?

psyunicorn said...

Although this is a beautiful depiction of Wolverine, I have an issue with it. Wolverine grows back any skin that is burned or cut off, right? so instead of a bare head of his penis he would probably have a foreskin, don't you think? one can't mutilate Wolverine, his foreskin would just grow right back!

George G said...

Yeah, but mutancy doesn't necessarily kick in at birth until about puberty, so he could have been circumsized when he was much younger, before his healing factor emerged. Plus didn't his claws appear only in his tweens / early teens? I didn't read the entire original story of James Howlett anyhow, so you tell me...

By the logic you state, though, wouldn't his hair just keep growing back all the time regardless of how much he cuts it? And his nails? It's all fuzzy logic - it IS comics!

Also, he COULD be uncut, but with the skin pushed back. That CAN happen, in my experience. ;)

Anonymous said...

add scott