Sunday, July 29, 2007

Definition


I've been exercising like crazy over the past few weeks, in an effort to get as lean as possible, for no other reason than personal aesthetics. Plus I'm neurotic. And have body dysmorphia issues.

So I was a little surprised at the gym when I noticed how the light was catching my features: I found that my face got much more chiseled as well, and not in a way that I was used to, or liked. Of course, gym lighting isn't that great to begin with, but it got me studying men's faces and how their bone structures got shaded, specifically with the cheekbones and hollows. I then decided to just draw a typical male face (for me at least) and do all the shadings the way I recall doing them, plus incorporate how my own shadows were cutting in.

It wasn't that different from my own face. Guess I'm not used to being this lean.

No comments: