Sunday, July 15, 2007

Galliano-esque

John Galliano's menswear runway shows have always been filthy in more ways than one: between the makeup and the flagrant homoeroticism, there's just so much about it that's so dirty. It's quite nasty... and I mean that in a good way. I had planned this drawing ages ago, but only today have I gotten around to doing it. This is just a rough study based on the initial digital sketch I made of a pic my friend Rob posed for lo so many ages ago. It's actually feeling promising.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, i love this! it somehow reminds me of bill sienkewicz (help me spell that please). i commented on your swirl drawing as well. catching up on your blog today.

Richard Kilroy said...

This is beautiful! It slightly reminds me of one or two works by Francis berthoud. If you like fashion illustration have a look at my blog, i run a fanzine on it with it's own blog too. Always good to see talented individuals. Keep it up!

George G said...

Thanks Richard - I already follow your blog, and have commented on a few of your entries! :)