Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Testy

I was testing the Painter program to see if I can do my Galliano sketch in watercolor style, like Antonio Lopez. I think it would totally be appropriate for a fashion homage piece, but I have to see if it gets the effects if want. It would be so much easier if I could use real watercolor, but that's not gonna happen. Anyhow, these are a few techniques. The watercolor wetness looks promising. I'll just have to clean up my lines really well before painting in the transparent washes. Here's hoping I can pull it off...

2 comments:

PJ said...

Hi George -

I like the watercolor effect. How would you feel if I tried it in real watercolor - took your black and white line drawing, printed it onto watercolor paper and then played around with it?

You've given me great advice on my painting, I'm sure you could do it to!

George G said...

Sure, I'll just clean up the lines first, and you could definitely mess around with a printout.

It's just hard to get a wet-on-wet feel that seems spontaneous in Painter, although I'm sure it will come in handy when I need to do the undoes for the inevitable costume drama! I think I'm a little daunted by starting since I haven't done real watercolors in years, even if it was my medium of choice for ages!

Next time, I should show you my real media work... I think you're inspiring me to pick them up again.