Monday, July 9, 2007

Face Study


I've kept a tearsheet of an old Armani Occhiali ad because I loved the model's bone structure. I've always felt uncertain about how to draw the teeth underneath the cheeks when seen from a 3/4 view, the same with where the eyes meet the cheekbone. So I always thought I should use it as a reference one day, and it seemed like today was the day.

I wasn't trying to get a firm likeness - it actually veers away quite a bit from the model's facial proportions although still maintaining the shapes of his features. But I did want to render his facial structure and all the shadows if for nothing but to learn how to draw his type of facial details. I like it. I especially like the fact that I didn't feel compelled to get a likeness, or be very precise with all the details. It's rather unlike me.

2 comments:

[chocoley] said...

you really have a very nice sketch here, i like this craft.

if it's fine i'll try link on my bloglist?

George G said...

Thank you - and of course you may!