Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fluidity And Females, 2

I played with yesterday's figure a bit more. I totally love the pose, but I can't seem to believe it's done until I do something really polished.

I was having coffee with a recent acquaintance, and I voiced my concerns about being an "artist." On the one hand I totally understand what drives me, and just by definition, I should consider myself an artist. As I write this, I am reminded of former posts on this blog where commenters posited that I am indeed an artist, and perhaps having the doubts are really part and parcel of that. But I do have doubts lately. Or perhaps I'm just being hard on myself about my own ability.

3 comments:

Joanie said...

First: you ARE an artist.

Second: self-doubt is part and parcel of being human.

Third: if you find a way around the second point, please let me know because that's the part that's really messing with me lately.

Fourth: Loving the lines on this figure

George G said...

Thanks Joanie. :)

And I'll let you know if I find out the answer meself!

Unknown said...

why?.. what's your definition of artist?