Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fluidity And Females

I'm concerned that I've lost my touch with drawing women. I feel like maybe the advancing of my work on the male form has affected my female ones, and I feel like I make them too mannish. A friend remarked that he didn't see them as masculine so much as sometimes stiff. Using a tear from a magazine, I tried to capture a more fluid line. The pose itself was very relaxed, which I hope I captured... it reminds me of Paul Smith's walk poses which I used to love so much because he was a master at making people look like they were in motion by capturing the perfect frame. I think I'm really going to have to practice more. I think I was much more fluid with my fashion figures back when I was taking courses at FIT, but now I think I make them too studied...

No comments: