Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gleefully

Music can be really inspiring, and I think I'm just a gay sucker for a showtune. Home sick, and not really wanting to draw since last night, I thought I'd just sign off a perfunctory sketch. But I downloaded two Kristin Chenoweth songs from tonight's episode of Glee, and it just made me keep drawing. Not that the drawing has anything to do with the music, but it was just inspiring me to go on. Nice when that happens.

I like the way I did the lips. I learned that shape only recently, and it's still new to me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yes i was about to comment on her face... it looks "real", like, not a drawing. especially do like the lips.

George G said...

Ooh, thanks, best compliment ever! Especially considering how I doubt some of my skills from time to time.

Unknown said...

gosh, if you doubt YOUR skills, i must not have skills at all! haha! My skills are dormant and i think its time to "release the krakken"!

George G said...

Well, I get all doubtful from time to time. If you read some of my comments and posts here, I'll say as much. Or maybe I say I doubt I'm an artist... which I suppose in my head equate to the same thing: artist = good artist.

And hello! Joanne - your God-given talents are there for a reason! One of the reasons Fine Arts was good for me was because you and I, while best friends, were also rivals in a way - we kept each other on our toes! You've got mad talent, you just need to dust it off if you haven't been using it. Release the Beastfighter!

Can you imagine if after Zeus says "Release the Kraken," suddenly out of the corner of the film Little John screams, "It's a Beast-fighter!" haha

Unknown said...

or that bunny beast fighter of yours comes out! which by the way, is the cutest critter i've ever seen!

you are totally right, i miss drawing, but i realized i cant do it like you... without restrictions. i need a theme, and boundaries. without it (or sudden inspiration)i dont know where to start. the reason it was easy in college was because we ALWAYS had themes: xmen, tessa, wierd animals, teachers, ...haha! now i kinda feel lost.