Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Neo Pose 2


And surprisingly, after deciding to have a glass of wine, I picked up the photo from yesterday and brought up my file... and I found myself just doing whatever, not even bothering to make it look like the model. But perhaps because I didn't care, perhaps I was pretty loose from the alcohol, but I think it started to work. It reminds me of my idol Stephane Manel's line quality. I could do worse.

I stopped halfway through. I wanted to continue, but I also want to rest. Red wine always makes me less industrious. But apparently it also loosens me up... might have to open a bottle next time... it's quite a bit of progress from yesterday's scant lines.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you use Photoshop to illustrate? :D love your art!

George G said...

Thanks! I do use PS but I begin most of my work in Corel Painter (I have a freebie version that came with my Wacom tablet) and sometimes I'd bring them into Photoshop to finish off, or if I work in layers with effects. But this one was done completely in Painter.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I see. I'm trying to start my sketches in Photoshop, but Painter makes it so easy. XD

Joanie said...

I love the way this turned out.

Believe it or not, I know a man who looks just like this (with longer hair).

George G said...

Really? Well, actually, I can believe it.

Wait, does that mean my drawing looks like a man again...?!